Terms and conditions
Students can enrol in any course by filling out our online enrolment form, by phone or directly at our school. Students can also request an enrolment form through our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the school receives the registration by any means listed, a written confirmation plus pro forma invoice and level test will be provided to the student by email.
Enrolment only does not guarantee the booking unless an upfront payment is received. By making the upfront payment, student accepts the terms and conditions herein.
• To book a course, an upfront payment of 150 euros has to be paid. If the course includes accommodation, this upfront payment will be 200 euros (if student requires visa, the upfront payment will be 50% of the total amount for course and accommodation at booking time plus 80€ of administrative costs). For special designed courses and one-to-one courses the upfront payment may be different. The upfront payment is part of the total price of the course+accommodation and will be deducted from the total cost. In case the enrolment is done less than 4 weeks prior the beginning of the course, the total price for the course and the accommodation has to be paid.
• The upfront payment may be paid in cash, by credit or debit card (Visa or Mastercard, American Express not accepted) or by bank transfer. All bank charges have to be paid by the student. If the bank charged to school any rate, Oléolé Spanish School reserves the right to charge this amount to the student upon arrival.
• The remaining payments after the upfront payment should be made up to 4 weeks before the first day of course.
• The student is registered when the upfront payment and the registration form have been received and approved by Oléolé.
• Oléolé reserves the right to refuse enrolments, which shall be informed to the student at the time of application.
• Any payments sent without prior confirmation of enrolment will not be accepted.
• If the student needs an acceptance letter or any other confirmation document from the school in order to obtain grants/ financial supports from third parties (governments, universities, etc.) upfront payment will be for the full amount of the program made by bank transfer.
• If the cancellation is received at least 28 days prior the beginning of the course, 90% of the total payment will be refunded except the upfront payment.
• If the cancellation is received at least 14 days prior the beginning of the course, 50% of the total payment will be refunded except the upfront payment.
• If the cancellation is received less than 14 days prior the beginning of the course, 10% of the total payment will be refunded except the upfront payment.
• Accommodation: in case a student cancels accommodation only, the notice period is 14 days prior the arrival date. For cancellations with less notice, student has to pay for full amount of the equivalent of 4 weeks of the accommodation booked.
• No refunds apply for any lessons missed due to illness, early departure, delayed arrival, or if the student decides to abandon the course for any reason once the course has started.
• In the unlikely event that OléOlé cannot offer group lessons for your level due to lack of students with same level, alternatives to ensure the quality of education will be offered.
• If OléOlé is forced to cancel a course, 100% of the amount paid will be refunded, including upfront payment.
• European Union citizens do not need any visa to attend courses.
• Non-European Union citizens should get information at a Spanish embassy or consulate about requirements to study in Spain.
• If the student needs a confirmation letter from the school in order to apply for a visa, at least 50% of the total amount of the program has to be paid as upfront payment. Only acceptable form of payment is bank transfer. If the student requests a letter of confirmation from the school to apply for a visa, advance payment is 50% of the total amount of the program along with a fee of 80€ to cover administrative costs (not refundable fee). This payment can only be made by bank transfer and student will be responsible for bank charges.
• Oléolé will only issue confirmation letters for courses of at least 20 classes / week.
• Once Oléolé has received the upfront payment, the letter will be sent to the address given by the student. If the student requires to get the confirmation letter sent by a courier (such as UPS), student will have to pay for these costs in advance.
• Student is responsible for the whole visa application process.
• Oléolé recommends the student to allow enough time for visa application process (at least 10 weeks prior the beginning of the course).
• Oléolé cannot be made responsible if visa is rejected.
• If student cannot attend the course due to visa refusal, the student or representative has to present the official document of denial which clearly states the name of the student, passport number and requested visa (with date, signed and stamped), issued by the embassy or consulate.
• In order to obtain a refund of the upfront payment, the cancellation (with the denial document) has to be received in writing by Oléolé the soon as possible before the course start. Oléolé will refund the 50% of the course and accommodation minus 80 euros visa fee and 200€ upfront payment. If the cancellation is noticed less than 21 days before the course starts, accommodation cancellation fees may apply and student will be responsible to pay them.
• Student has to send a level test to Oléolé at the enrolment moment or the first day of the course. Oléolé will place the student in an appropriate group according to his/her level. Any changes of level/schedule required by students need to be approved by the head teacher and are subject to availability.
• Oléolé will inform the student the schedule, accommodation and any other relevant information about the course during the week before his/her arrival. However, Oléolé reserves the right to change lesson schedule afterwards.
• Cases of violence, disrespect towards other students and employees of Oléolé (e.g. regarding religions, gender, sexual orientation) may cause expulsion of student from school.
• In order to receive a certificate at the end of the course, student needs to attend at least 80% of the course and pass a small final test.
• In case of unforeseen reasons lessons might be postponed and held during a different schedule.
• It is not possible to change course type once student has completed registration.
The school will be closed for bank holidays in Malaga and Spain, which are published in the school calendar. Oléolé will not refund any money for missed lessons but may offer instead alternative programs during these days. One to One classes will be held on other days.
If there are 2 bank holidays in the same week, one day of class will be rescheduled on another date which will be communicated to the student.
Insurances & Liability
OleOle is not responsible in any way for any accident, illness, loss of personal effects or change in personal circumstances arising at any time before or during the course, both within the school premises and outside. Therefore, we recommend that you provide yourself with a travel insurance before your arrival. You can book this service also with Oléolé.
• Student has to communicate the expected arrival time to Málaga at least one week prior to course start.
• Rules of the landlord/ apartment have to be accepted. If the student does not follow these rules, he/she can be expelled from the accommodation with no refund.
• Oléolé reserves the right to change accommodation type before student arrives into an equal or superior type without prior notice to the student at no extra cost.
• If student requires a change of accommodation a fee of 30 euros will be charged. Upon request, the changes are only possible if there is availability. If the change involves additional costs, the student will be informed and will have to cover them before the change is made.
• The price of the airport pick-up service applies always for one way from/to the airport to/from accommodation or school per person.
• Student has to communicate flight number, departure place and arrival time at least one week before arrival. Any changes need to be communicated to Oléolé. If changes occur outside of Oléolé office hours student needs to contact arrival manager by phone. The phone number will be provided by Oléolé beforehand.
• Arrival manager will wait a maximum of 60 minutes after expected arrival time for the student. If student does not show up/ does not contact the arrival manager the airport-pickup service will expire but no refund will apply. If student contacts arrival manager with a change of arrival time while arrival manager is already at airport a supplement cost will be charged: 10 euros for each 30 minutes of additional waiting time.
• Students accept that Oléolé takes photos and videos during classes and/or various activities for the use of the school. If a student disagrees, he/she will have to notify it to the school when registering for classes.
Protection of privacy
• In compliance with the current norms with respect to the protection of private data we inform students that private data and information will be processed and stored in data files property of Centro de Cultura Asiática de Málaga S.L., located at Avenida de Andalucía 27, on which the student will be able to exercise its rights to access, correction and cancellation, in accordance with the terms and conditions provided for in the applicable regulations related to the protection of privacy: Ley Orgánica 15/99 de Protección de Datos de carácter personal de 13 de diciembre.